Trainer Assessor details
- You will participate in one 5-day workshop per month for each of the 6 workshops over a period of 12 months. Each one-week workshop will cover two units of competency and be delivered holistically so they are unable to be delivered individually. Monday to Friday for each workshop will be face-to-face training; Friday will allow the commencement of work preparation and assessment. The trainer assessor will be in attendance to support your progress. This allows time for learners to complete the assessment work prior to the next workshop.
Phil Reed, Reed Mining Consultants
Course pre-readings, videos, and activities
You will be provided with course pre-readings, videos, and activities electronically. It is estimated that these readings, videos and activities will take approximately 30 hours to complete for each unit. Please ensure that you read the materials prior to attending the workshop as these will support your learnings and discussions in the classroom.
- It is recommended that you participate in the mentoring program where you will be required to engage with worksite personnel who can provide support for you throughout your studies. These may include the appointed ventilation officer, technical services manager, gas drainage superintendent, electrical maintenance (gas monitoring) supervisor, ERZ controllers, First-Class Mine Manager.
- Simtars will provide a formal structure to you and your onsite mentors to guide your progress through the mentoring program, which includes a mentor workbook and activities for you to carry out and discuss with the worksite personnel. It is estimated that the mentoring program will take approximately 690 hours to complete.
First Class Mine Manager logbook verification
- To obtain the units of competency, you will be required to undertake written assessments, workplace projects/case studies, and a workplace logbook with First Class Mine Manager.
- Upon successful completion of all assessments, plus successful credit transfer of the shot firing unit, you will be issued with a full qualification from Simtars (RTO 45647) for the RII60320 Advanced Diploma of Mining Management.
- If only some of the units are completed, you will be issued a Statement of Attainment from Simtars (RTO 45647) for the units successfully completed. This option will suit those who wish to complete the qualification over a number of years or for Maintenance of Competencies.
You will need to organise the First Class Mine Manager to sign and confirm your workplace logbook activities were completed by you and that you have discussed your findings with them. Simtars’ assessor will contact the First Class Mine Manager to verify the information provided. You can request an extension of time to submit assessments.
Trainer Assessor details
To enrol in this course, you must:
Foundation skill requirements
- To study in this course, you will be required to have core skills at level 5, or the ability to reach level 5 with support, on the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF). Simtars has an eLearning solution to assess Language, Literacy, Numeracy (LLN), and foundation skills.
- Prior to enrolment, you will be sent an email with a link to complete the LLN initial assessment. If you do not reach the required foundation level, the LLN tool can provide tutorials to help you reach the required foundation skill level. For more information about Foundation Skills, see the ‘Choosing your Course’ section in our Learner Handbook.
To study in this course, you must provide the following materials and equipment:
Materials and equipment required
- A laptop with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook accounts set up for emails
- Access to the current Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 (Qld)
- Access to the current Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017 (Qld)
- Access to current recognised Standards (Coal Mines)
- Access to your mine’s SHMS documents including PHMPs, SOPs, Procedures, Standards, TARPs, etc.
- A USB stick minimum (8GB)
- Access to Wi-Fi
- A notebook and pen
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- You can apply for RPL for each of the units of competency in this qualification. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards.
- RPL is assessed on a case-by-case basis. You can read more about RPL in our Learner Handbook or contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Complete the Application for Enrolment form online by going to the link: Apply Now
Apply for enrolment – How to Apply
Phone: 61 (07)3810 6328
- You will receive a confirmation email with the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment, complete it asap.
- Once complete, your application will be reviewed and a letter of offer will be sent to you, should you qualify.
- You must sign the letter of offer and return it to the designated email address.
- You will then be invoiced for your course.
- Fees are payable prior to the workshop start date.
- Your application will be reviewed by Simtars prior to you being offered a place in the course. For more details, please read our Learner Handbook.
- $27 900 (GST exempt).
- For quotations, payment options, and company group bookings please contact Simtars.
- Payment is required prior to all workshops.
- Where a learner misses a workshop or part of a workshop, Simtars will attempt to place this learner into other courses being conducted. If this is not possible, learners will be required to attend a workshop at the end of the course to undertake the work they have missed. This will incur an additional cost for the supplementary workshop, plus venue and trainer accommodation costs.
- Fees include costs of flights for the trainer, car hire/transfer costs for the trainer, all course material and pre-course readings during each workshop.
- Learner accommodation and food are not provided or included in course fees.
- Government funding or subsidies are currently not available.
We offer the following payment methods for this course:
For more information about payment methods and payment terms, see the ‘Fees and Refunds’ section of the Learner Handbook. For further information or to organise payment for your training, please contact Simtars on (07) 3810 6328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit card
- Purchase order (for approved companies only)
- Payments can be made in instalments. Please contact Simtars for details.
Board of Examiners
- Following successful completion of this qualification, you will need to apply for Board of Examiners assessment in order to achieve a First Class Certificate of Competency.
- The qualification is recognised as a qualifying course for sitting the statutory exams for First Class Mine Manager in both NSW and Queensland. This cost is not included in the course.